Unable to Configure SMTP server

Hello Team,

We are facing an issue while configuring the SMTP server.
Please find the uploaded snapshot and let us know if anything more required from my side.

Regards,
Suraj

Hi Suraj,

“Unable to configure SMTP” essentially means the system was not able to send out a test email.

You could try the following next steps -
1 - Double check the SMTP configurations
2 - Ensure connectivity between the CORE and the SMTP server / port

Hope this was helpful, please follow-up with more if required.

Suman

Hi - I’d add a connectivity test between the CO and the SMTP server.

o

Hello Team,

We checked the connectivity between CORE and SMTP server which is fine.
Please refer the uploaded snapshot for the same and let us know if you need any more details from my side.

Hello Team,

Any update on this?

Hi -

We took time to write a helper, that you can use to validate your SMTP configurations.

The above repository has a smtp_check.py which will help you validate your config.

If you have an error in the configuration this script should point in the right direction.

Regards,

Suman

Hi - Just checking back, did we manage to get past the SMTP configurations?

Suman

Hello Suman,

Thanks for following up on this.
As per the screenshot, we are able to connect smtp host but failing to do SMTP AUTH as python extension not supported by server.
Request you to have a look into this issue on priority as it’s been pending from long time.

SMTP Check Result

1 Like

Hi Suraj,

“SMTP AUTH extension not supported by server” - appears when the SMTP server is setup insecurely (anonymous login and without TLS too) OR it’s configured to reject credentials over non-TLS connections.

Should be a simple fix.

o

1 Like

Hello Team,

Can you please provide a solution for this.

Hi Suraj,

As mentioned by @oldmonk above, the output of the test script indicates your internal email service is refusing credentials. That is something you can take up with your IT administrator.

In the meantime, It would be great to know how the rest of the SIEM experience has been for you. Have you been able to ingest logs and run searches?

Regards,
Nikhil

Hello Nikhil,

I tried to ingest active directory logs in SIEM, but the validation status is continuously showing validation is in progress.
Could you please let me know how to troubleshoot this issue.

Hi Suraj -

Happy to look at it, please post a new thread. Seems like a different issue.

Suman